Friday, February 10, 2012

Borneo fashion festival

 

Last Sunday bah, I go jalan-jalan with my family and we go to Suria Sabah to see a fashion show. My cousin Dewina is a model for the show so we go there la to support and also jalan-jalan.

 

She’s also one of the contestant for the Breeze Model Search, a competition that kind of remind me too much of America’s Next Top Model. The competition even got like a Tyra mail except that it’s “Breezy mail”. Anyhoo, some of the models look quite good and I’ll admit it that I like the “going naked portfolio”. Though some of the girls look quite horrible without makeup (like most of us do), some really do have natural beauty.

 

SONY DSC

 

We missed the 1st fashion show exhibiting clothes from clothing line I cannot afford, i.e Cotton On. But we did manage to see the makeup competition, quite interesting I might say. The theme was Sabah culture, correct me if I’m wrong.

 

DSC05697

DSC05785

DSC05811

DSC05839

SONY DSC

DSC05823

 

I don’t know who won the makeup competition. But I’m hoping for the Girl that used paddy as her inspiration for makeup. Although it seem kinda freaky looking but the makeup artist put lots of effort to it and I like the kadazan inspired tube dress, not sure about the thing hanging at the middle of the breast tho.

 

Also this day, it’s supposed to have an elimination round which none of the models got eliminated (from what I read from the fb page). The funny thing is in the page the organizer keep saying “who’s going home?” and “nobody went home”… which is silly because all the contestant do go home it’s not like they’re living in a mansion like ANTM. It would be super funny if somebody would point that out to the organizer.

 

DSC05890

DSC05929

DSC05937

DSC05949

SONY DSC

DSC05971

DSC05983

DSC05998

DSC06006

DSC06035

 

A few viewable pictures of the models. I was sitting in the middle row and most people in the front row have pointy tall hair that ruined most of the photos.

 

I’m biased so here’s more pictures of Dewina. *Vote For Dewina!!!*

 

SONY DSC

DSC06010

DSC06011

DSC06018

SONY DSC

DSC06064

DSC06067

 

Regardless the obvious , the competition is  different from the other pageantry competition that seem to be spamming facebook with boring typical pictures of beautiful girls… blablabla. I’m hoping to see more interesting and creative photo shoot for the contestant and “May the best Model win!”.

 

Till the next post.

CyntaCinta

2 comments:

☆彡Mitchell Cullen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda Christine Wong said...

maigod! the tree's fucking huge!

AddThis