Wednesday, February 8, 2012

And they call it puppy love

 

Last year was the beginning of a new era… where I am convince that I am 100% is a dog person, nothing against cat but ever since I “mother” 4 pups there’s no changing back to being a Cat person.

 

Taking care of a puppy is a real deal. I never really took care of a baby and not ready for one anytime soon but my puppies is my babies. Since I never really talk in detail about my pups, let me introduce you to them one by one;

 

This is Piso, my black labrador mix, she’s around 12 months old and she’s our princess. She’s the reason why I love dogs so much…

 

SONY DSC

 

My sister and I bought her at Gaya street (I know some might disagree about the way the people sells dogs there but I’m actually saving her and u might say that there’s another way to saved dogs then imagine I’m giving my middle finger to you right now so stfu) and the moment our eyes met I just know that this is a puppy for us. Although she turn out to be a menace for the 1st few months, she was hyperactive and she even pee in excitement when people visits her which is quite embarrassing for me.

 

Can’t believe she used to be this little…

 DSC_0861_edit0

 

Now my baby all grown up… and still is a menace. She has everything what people want for a dog, lovable, happy and always eager to please BUT unfortunately she has this one deadly obsession for “hunting” chickens. To be exact MY NEIGHBOURS chickens. She already killed around a dozen chickens, been threaten to be shoot on sight and one time when one of my neighbour had to save her before she ate a priced fighting cock (boy, that sound so wrong. LOL).

 

 DSC04720

 

When not being a chicken serial killer, she enjoys very much playing with my little brother. In this picture she’s actually tickling my brother not biting him to death like on of those chickens she killed.

 

Here’s my pup Toba, don’t be fooled by his size he is actually a month older than Piso. We brought him from Tambunan when he was 5 months old.

 

SONY DSC

 

He was suppose to be Piso’s mate but then I decided to spayed Piso. So now he’s your regular dominant dog, I tried to do the Cesar way like tsking him whenever he’s being anxious and try to make him more submissive to human. He’s great around adults although is easily annoyed with kids.

 

DSC05223

 

He’s Piso bestfriends and both of them tend to bully… Porog.

 

The thing about Porog is he’s a timid dog and being the youngest in this pack (only 8 months old) he’s tend to be bullied by Piso and Toba.

 

DSC_0820_edit0

 

This picture is taken when Porog is 2 months old and his sister Dinky is still alive. Dinky died because of parvo virus which is an infectious disease among dogs. So if your dog is vomiting blood I suggest you go to the vet immediately. Even Piso, Toba and Porog was infected but thank god I realize their behaviour soon and took them to the vet which cost me RM150 per dog. But it was worth it…

 

  DSC_0758 (2)

 

Porog used to stay at home most of the time. But then he reached puberty that’s where he become Toba’s competitor during the mating season. He didn’t get to mate for the 1st week due to Toba being a bullied, I even beat Toba a few times because he won’t listen. Toba is much better now with Porog but Porog doesn’t seem to want to live with us anymore, only coming home when he needs food.

 

DSC04880

 

It broke my heart seeing him starving and emaciated. We tried tying him but he won’t stop crying (howling) so we let him go then he’ll be gone for a few days before coming back home again. If anyone know how to solve this problem I really need your advice.

 

Enough of the sad story, the latest addition to the pack is…

 

DSC04102

 

Gatut and Balang. We just got this 2 pups 2 weeks ago and they are adorable!!!

 

SONY DSC

 

Balang is the older siblings. Both of them were from a litter of 5 adorable puppies. Gatut is actually the youngest while Balang is the middle. Balang is one of the pups that love adventures and not afraid of anything. He’s not afraid jumping off a couch (which is quite high for him), following all the bigger dogs when they’re chasing squirrels and not at all afraid to explore.

 

I find it hard to take a good picture of him looking adorable, he’s always running around and disturbing the bigger dogs.

 

DSC04129

 

Surprisingly Toba is very gentle with this 2 pups. Toba is not very friendly with dogs other than his pack and I was nervous introducing him to this 2 pups. But it turn out better than I expected. Even the friendly Piso doesn’t have the patience with the pups, she sometimes snapped at them and play with Balang a bit too rough for the little puppy.

 

DSC05045

 

Meanwhile, Gatut is the opposite of Balang. He’s much more calmer and a bit too timid for my liking. He tend to hide whenever he sense a human wants to pet him. Which sometimes annoys me, he’s just too shy only play with Balang rarely socialize with other dogs except Toba of course.

 

 DSC04296

 

Anyway that’s the end for this post…

 

I’ll be back soon with more ramblings and of course more pictures of my dogs. :p

 

CyntaCinta

2 comments:

Amanda Christine Wong said...

my labs are exactly like urs. chicken killers n destroys everything in sight. but lovable to the max.

SuicideCandy said...

hard to be mad with a lab. They just so lovable and adorable. :)

AddThis