Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas dinner at The Square

Christmas 2010 has passed and all I can say is… I really had a very Merry Christmas :D

As usual Christmas is about family, presents, Christmas decorations, food and lots of drinking. Which everything is done and the only thing to do is to celebrate new year!

We usually just do a BBQ Christmas party which held yearly at my aunt’s house but this year out of nowhere somebody suggested to dine at some fancy restaurant this year and picked Novotel 1borneo, The Square Restaurant.

Which happens to be where my sister Wewen is working as a Chef…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA I know it’s sad to see a family member couldn’t join for Christmas… Well at least we were seated near to her.

I’ve been to The Square Restaurant once before, ordered ala carte menu and was fairly impressed by their carbonara. So of course I was excited to taste their buffet lineup.

Wearing my Christmas dress and my new white trench coat (which make me look fat) and armed with my old red camera, took photos of the beautifully decorated food.

1. The cold kitchen section consist of turkey and seafood.

Don’t ask me what’s the name of the cuisine because I didn’t bother to write it down so just enjoy watching the pictures. :)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This section wasn’t really appetizing to me even though it is beautifully decorated. Although I do love it’s smoked salmon, it was absolutely scrumptious. 

2. Hot Kitchen section… main course menu.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Sorry… this is the only picture for the main course section. My camera’s battery runs out by the time I went there (skipped the main course for dessert :P). I do remember the menu a bit tho,

The soup was, mushroom soup and seafood chowder.

Fried noodles, baked cheesy cauliflower and etc…

They also had a live station where you can request cuisine such as Pasta alla Carbonara, lamb, turkey and meat loaf.

I was disappointed tho with the main course, I expected it’s gonna be the same like the last time I ordered by ala carte menu but I was wrong. The menu is plain, boring and most of it taste very bland especially the mushroom soup.

3. Pastry section

My favourite part of any buffet lineup.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA What can I say… I’m a sucker for sweets. I love all of em… except that star cookie it almost broke my teeth biting it make my mediocre chocolate chips seem much bettah!… LOL…

The entertainment for the night was live music and a Magician!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA The magician, with lame tricks. Only kids will be awed and frankly the magician failed to impress my 6 year old brother.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA He’s more interested learning tekken and ultraman secret moves from Wawan.

and here’s the rest of the honorable guests…HAHA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Minus Wewen… she was the one who took the photo tho. :(

Yeah… I know I look fat…(T_T)

Anyway… on other note;

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Voting miss suria sabah for the title of miss popular has been opened!
To vote for your favourite, just spend rm30 on a single receipt from any suria sabah outlets and you can get 1 vote!!
Do come to suria sabah and vote for Dewina! XD thank you for your support!! Btw, Dewina is contestant no.10

To vote please go to the information counter. Voting will end on 31st dec at 12 noon. Do notice..

So if you happens to be shopping at Suria Sabah this 30th and 31st do vote for my cousin please. =) Your support is deeply appreciated, Thank You.

*************************************************************************************************

New Year’s Eve is this Friday. What’s your plan?

Me?… You just gotta find out through this blog later this week then. lol…

Hope all of you will have an awesome New Year Party, let us all celebrate 2011 with a blast because 2012 will be the end of the world. LMAO…

xoxo

Cyntacinta

4 comments:

Aj said...

best lah u all... get together with family :-)

SuicideCandy said...

:) christmas mah... misti get together. lol :D

gunsirit said...

I'm sure that you had a a very jolly xmas with your family...love the food..membuat saya laparrrr

SuicideCandy said...

hehehe... pigi try makan sna the square. sedap juga makanan dia. hehe

AddThis