Monday, September 6, 2010

KK used to be Jesselton

Bella Italia Pizzeria Ristorante Cafe is one of popular Italian restaurant at the heart of Kota Kinabalu, situated at Gaya Street. To make it easier it’s at Jesselton Hotel the oldest hotel at Kota Kinabalu.

page251_1 I stole googled this picture. Bella Italia Pizzeria Ristorante Cafe is at the ground floor.

So basically I known the place existence since I learn how to read and learn pestering my parents to take me out but unfortunately… I never been there before, last week food hunting with Nancy tho. We were eager to try out restaurant we never been before so randomly picked this restaurant besides we heard the restaurant got nachos in their menu. Since both of us HEART nachos so much, we decided give it a try. FACT: I NEVER ATE NACHOS AT KK, I DON’T EVEN KNEW IF IT EXISTS HERE.

DSC04120

45437_156671414343513_100000019656609_511896_2073211_n

Nancy in her default mode, glued to her phone texting. LOL

Since I’m temporarily a freeloader… I happily ordered my food while Nancy my Vampire Aunt paid for it. LOL…

The price is EXPENSIVE!!! Do not enter this place unless you are prepare to pay RM100++ for your meal. None the less the place was okay… I should said exquisite atmosphere but I don’t feel that way about the place, definitely not a family restaurant like Little Italy tho. Probably because I’m not fond of the restaurant being divide into 2 section (no bird eye view of the place). But everybody has their own opinion for things like this.

Anyway… We picked section number 2 where the lighting is clear so we can camwhore shamelessly without being bother by the dim lighting (Yeah, I haven’t change my digi cam into a better one, please sponsor me one so I can take more shameless self portrait pictures).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA DSC04110 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERADSC04119 Here’s a window pane where you can see the chef at work.

Let us now proceed to the food. The most IMPORTANT part of a dinner of course. 

Our appetizer was crispy thin bread with eggplant spread. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA and I do like crispy bread =)…

Now the main course…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Nancy’s picked Medaglioni di manzo (beef medallion) for her dinner, cost about RM49.90. I know…RM49.90 for a meal really is expensive. But according to Nancy it was quite fulfilling tho.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Meanwhile I picked lasagna di carnevale, cost for about RM22.90. Nothing to shout about tho… I like it and manage to finish it. So it was okay…

Green tea for Miss Nancy and…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAMilkshake for me.

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,
And their like
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge

Sorry…I just gotta insert that song here. If you’re interested to download the song, here’s the link.

So do I recommend people to go to this restaurant?… Why not… I didn’t taste all of the food but I found Bella Italia’s Facebook page, you should probably check that out in case you’re planning to go there.

With a good dinner, we ended our night at Fresco tho for some live Jazz performance.

till then… xoxo

4 comments:

taragang_saru said...

looks quite good the food but the prize definitely scares me.someday bila kena 4D,i'll go xD

SuicideCandy said...

LOL... 2 la bha... bikin takut. klu kena 4d jan lupa bwa sy k... lol

Rungitom said...

Jalan2 di Gaya Street juga dulu, tapi singgah di kedai makan cina juga.

SuicideCandy said...

LOL... sma la... sy pun slalu p mkn di kedai cina sja sma p beli numbur ja d gaya street. LOL

AddThis