Tuesday, September 28, 2010

DIY : HIPPIE HEADBAND

Hello blog followers, hello loyal readers, hello recent readers and hello to the haters.

HELLO EVERYONE!!! <--- shouting on top of my lungs!

Today’s post is about creating the hippie headband or bohemian head band err.. whatever suits you, it’s fine by me. 

Have you ever wish to look like a flower child showing love to the whole world by declaring “Make LOVE not WAR”. Making love is much fun anyway than war unless you’re Hitler.

So the 1st thing You Should Do is… Of course getting the stuff that you gotta use for this tutorial.

First You Gotta get some;

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Do excuse my ugly table… The material is totally up to you anyway, heck you can even use an old t’shirt by cutting into strings. But to make it easier for me, I bought all this materials at Leton, Segama, KK. I bought it 1 meter each around RM 2.50 each so I only spend about RM10++.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA A glue gun. It’s sold for RM6 at Leton (I picked the cheapest one) and the glue is sold in packs of 12 which only cost RM3.50. The glue gun is important so that we can glue the ends meet (is that the correct phrase for it?). LOL, i think UHU glue can be used as well.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Unfortunately mine was a bit blunt. So make sure yours sharp.

and you might need to use;

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA The thread and needle depends on the material you use. The beads consists of 2 strings so I thought sewing it together will tighten it better than glue. Anyway just make sure your thread is the same color as the material, I run out of black thread so use white instead. Big mistake!

So now all you need to do is;

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Ugh… I look like a Japanese Ghost here. You don’t have to get the precise head measurement, better to loose it just a bit so you’ll be comfortable wearing the headband.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Mine was a bit messy. I’m not really good at sewing. I don’t know how to explain how to tighten it, you make a loop then go into the loop and then pull it. Fuck it! Go find it out yourself… or ask your grandma about it.

And then…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe finish products:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA My look during POISE event. Will blog about it later.

DSC04737 From my DIGI post… hopefully DIGI will gimme the IPHONE 4.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And I’m not done yet… still have some more pictures to share with you.

59811_440759363350_529273350_5006520_1073654_n Miss Daisy…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Miss Nancy…

It’s simple and easy to make. Try it out yourself :)

Well, that’s all I guess… Hope I can be a bit of a help.

xoxo

CyntaCinta

4 comments:

Michelle Sung said...

weooow~nice la! u look gorgeous at the pic of Poise event...x prnah tfikir pla bleh buat headband sndiri. gonna try it sumday^^hihi...

SuicideCandy said...

Thank You... :). U shud try it... mcm susah sy maw cari headband yg lawa di kedai, jadi sy buat sendiri la. LOL

pixie alex said...

nice

SuicideCandy said...

thanx :)

AddThis