Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rice in Cream?

Nasi lemak is one of the most famous Malaysian cuisine. It’s a favorite breakfast food by all Malaysian. Although nasi lemak maybe a malay cuisine almost every races in Malaysia knows how to make a nasi lemak. It’s simply easy to cook and very delicious. My mum used to make nasi lemak on Sundays but since my 6 year old brother came into our lives, food consists of his likings which is KFC, McDs etc…

My favorite nasi lemak is at this chinese restaurant on Gaya Street. Odd as it seems the restaurant will only sell nasi lemak from 7pm till 4 am. I’m guessing the restaurant sell only nasi lemak since there’s nothing else on the menu except for occasional fried noodles. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The nasi lemak is very cheap as well. Selling only RM2.50 without the fried chicken and if you add the fried chicken, it’s only gonna be RM3.70. Which is quite a cheap dinner, meal at KK usually cost around RM5.00. It’s the cheapest takeaway food in KK. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  
Which is why, whenever money is tight this would be my daily dinner either this or crawling back to my parent’s home peeking inside their fridge. This nasi lemak served hot and fresh. The rice is still hot and crispy fried chicken will make your mouth watered.   

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA 
The most crucial part of a nasi lemak is of course the sambal. Sambal is a chili base sauce which served perfectly with nasi lemak. For me, if the sambal ain’t good enough than it’s ain’t worthy to be eaten. This nasi lemak’s sambal has been on top of my list now. Not too spicy just right for me so if you prefer spicy sambal then this isn’t for you.   

If you wanna check this place out, it’s at Gaya Street KK. The name of restaurant is Kedai Kopi Sin Seng Fatt situated right in front of Fong IP. I’m not sure whether this place is halal for muslim but it doesn’t served pork. 

Other nasi lemak fav spot for me would be at Kak Nong. A malay restaurant at Beverly Hills. Which is good but not as good as the nasi lemak I’m talking about.

So, if you have a favorite nasi lemak spot, care to share it with me? :)

xoxo
Nasi lemak can be 1 fattening food. 

p/s: Attended Miss Borneo Tourism Grand Gala Night and it was awesome complete with its own drama.

5 comments:

ken said...

yeah.. fattening.. but i still eat =P

SuicideCandy said...

LOL... me too.

Nina Nurziana said...

nasi lemak... T__T

Rungitom said...

Nasi Lemak is my favourite!

SuicideCandy said...

yes :) nasi lemak is everyone's favorite. =)

AddThis