Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Delightful Dinner

Last week was awesome, good food, good music and of course being around with good friends. Well in my case, my aunt and cousins :).

Since I’ve been to 2 good restaurant last week, I shall now review the food and service (*insert suspense music here*). I admit it that I’m not exactly a food connoisseur but even a commoner like me knows when the food is good or not.

Everyone knows this place at KK, it’s a popular joint for people to hangout, drink  and probably dinner as well. I’ve been to this place a lot time before, usually to hang out and drink good cold beer. I’ve been warned many times before that the food there is awful and I never really bother to order food there since the price is a tad bit expensive for me.  

Upperstar Grill and Bar, ring a bell? It’s situated near to the Segama, Burger King with branches at Lintas and Damai. I’m absolutely sure KK people know this place.

First before the food…the Cam whoring session.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA With my beautiful aunt whom many will look at me with disbelief when I told them she’s my aunt.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My uncle and his lovely wife.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Wonder if Ed’s work environment similar to the painting at the back.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Dim lighting, probably to set up a romantic relaxing mood but the music is playing noisy pop hits so bad combination. A dangerous place to pick up girls/guys they might look very different in real lighting.

The service, quite pleasant enough although there’s a few rude waiter. I certainly don’t appreciate being peeked while I’m walking up the stairs and also I find it is rude talking out loud about me. 

On to the food… The price is quite reasonable for a place like Upperstar of course a few more RM on the price but I’m satisfied. Of course I’m not paying for the dinner (I already mention more than 100 times how dirt poor I am), Nancy (my aunt) treated us for dinner that night. Thank You!!! You’re the Best!!!

    My dinner.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERALamb Chop only RM14.50 and it taste quite okay. I tasted better lamb chop, will blog about that place some time soon.

Nancy and I picked the same meal and we were satisfied with it, although it was a bit too much for us. We couldn’t finished the steak.

My uncle pick was a well done beef tenderloin for the night. Asian rarely pick rare or medium when it comes to steak. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Looks yummy!!! The potato wedges is yummy and don’t be fooled by the tenderloin’s size it’s actually quite fulfilling. Cost only RM22.90.  

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  When it comes to food, it’s a matter of survival, desire and satisfaction. LOL… I know it’s lame… but that’s what popped into my mind when I looked at this picture. LOL

And Guess what Amy (my uncle’s wife) picked?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Sirloin steak… Cost only RM19.95…

To be honest I don’t really know the difference between Lamb chop, sirloin or tenderloin. Being Asian I am rather clueless about the difference, all I know that it’s a steak and it looks almost the same except for the name. So I google it and look what I found out about it;

A beef tenderloin, known as an eye fillet in New Zealand and Australia, filet in France and fillet in England, is cut from the loin of beef. As with all quadrupeds, the tenderloin refers to the psoas major muscle anterior to the transverse processes of the lumbar vertebrae, near the kidneys. This muscle does very little work, so it is the most tender part of the beef. The tenderloin can either be cut for roasts or for steaks. Tenderloins from steers and heifers are most common at retail, but those from cows are common in foodservice applications, such as less expensive steakhouses.

The sirloin steak is a beef steak cut from the rear back portion of the animal, continuing off the short loin from which T-bone, porterhouse, and club steaks are cut.

A meat chop is a cut of meat cut perpendicularly to the spine, and usually containing a rib or riblet part of a vertebra and served as an individual portion. The most common kinds of meat chops are pork and lamb. A thin boneless chop, or one with only the rib bone, may be called a cutlet, though the difference is not always clear. The term "chop" is not usually used for beef, but a T-bone steak is essentially a loin chop, and a rib steak a rib chop.

source: wikipedia

Next time I’m going to a steakhouse, I am no longer clueless about the menu. I won’t be bothering Ed with silly questions.

We ended the night after a lengthy conversation about how we would design a restaurant. Nancy actually came up a pretty good idea about it. Hopefully in the future we can make it happen and I’ll be inviting all of you to dine there.

Man, this post really made me hungry… I haven’t eaten anything yet since this morning. Owh well… I better go and make myself an instant noodle lunch. See you guys around…

xoxo

*kisses*

p/s: went to Fresco for dinner the next day, will blog about it later.

4 comments:

dhmail2004 said...

nice blog, like the bit abt the waiters haha. Pizza is my prefered choice there as well as the cold beersssss 2 thumbs up

Jan said...

OMG, you and your relatives all looks so young and good looking!

Either you all are a family of vampires or you all have really really good genes!

dhmail2004 said...

they do look good in jeans!!!

SuicideCandy said...

dhmail2004: LOL... thank you, 2 thumbs up for the beer as well. Amen to the jeans... LOL

Jan: Thank You, I wish we really are vampires then I dun have to pay for my food just hunt for it... LOL... You're not bad yourself.

AddThis