Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dear little monkey…

6 years ago, a baby boy came into our world and with him, he brought along much needed happiness to our family and tighten our bond. The empty space in our hearts filled with his laughter, joy and sadness. From that moment on I know our life will never be the same again. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Happy Birthday sweet brother of mine, Genesis Raphael!!!

My youngest brother getting older by the year, recently was his 6th birthday and this year, 3 years in a row he had 3 birthday party with 3 birthday cake (6333?!! after this I’ll go buy this number). He was born on the 17th of August on the year of the monkey and this little monkey boy grown up to be one witty 6 year old. 

    His birthday party has different set of guests, first party is exclusively for family only, 2nd will be for his school friend and the 3rd party is with his homies aka kids around the neighborhood. So you can imagine how hectic that will be, it wasn’t easy to organized 3 birthday party in a row in a short amount of time.

The 1st party = Party with the family members usually are easy to organize, just called or text, pick a good place to dine and a good cake.

And this year we picked Pizza Hut 1 Borneo (A BAD CHOICE but the birthday boy wanted to visit toys R us after the dinner). A small party compare to last year :( but at least the birthday monkey get want he wants. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Guess what he gets for his birthday? I know most of you typically will guess toys and a friend of mine asked me on facebook whether I treated my brother at mcdonald’s… and the answer is NO to toys or mcdonald’s treat.

The monkey demanded asked his older siblings RM50 each. Yes… MONEY. He’s such an opportunist brat and he DOUBLE the price with my parents RM100 each. But my other brother manage to dodge this wretched deal by buying him a Bumble Bee toy during his holiday at Taiwan. Meanwhile the monkey made a slight error when he signed his deal with mother dearest. He promise not to asked my mum to buy toys before his birthday, so the deal is every time he asked his birthday money allowance will be cut. By the time of his birthday his expenses has been cut down to RM50. Poor monkey… but that’s what you get when you signed the deal with the queen. LOL

     Monkey happily received RM150 for his birthday and bought himself Ultraman Legend418QNCC1PKL._SL500_AA300_ and a mini Optimus Prime toy, optimus-prime-20thanniv2  all that cost him only RM60++. He plan to save his money to buy a play station so he can play tekken all day. I’m worried about his obsession over this game tho.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         P8130066

I believe he’ll be severely addicted to this game if no one in my family intervene with it.

On to the 2nd partay… At his kindergarten.

This is actually my favorite party and it’s even easier to organize than the family party. A good cake and just inform the teacher, you’ll be coming at recess.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA We picked Mango cake for him this year. Since that is his favorite drink and food of all time.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA You can see from the pictures how excited the kids were. I don’t understand why kids are always fascinated with cakes. I don’t even remember why I like it that much when I was a kid.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA When the birthday song ends and birthday boy blow off his candles (before anyone else try to blow it off), everyone shakes his hand wishing him a very happy birthday.

Kids can be so adorable sometimes.

3rd and final party.

This one quite tricky to organize. We never sent invitations and yet kids from all around the neighborhood seems to be coming. There’s no exact time when will the party start or end. Kids keep coming even after monkey blew his birthday candles. The only way to inform there’s a party at our place is verbally. Monkey will tell his best friend who lives next door and conveniently monkey’s best friend have lots of siblings. The information then will be pass along. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA This picture doesn’t do justice how hectic our house was that day. It started slow with only 6 guests and end up with 15 guests in our cramped living room.

All I can say is THAT WAS ONE HECTIC NIGHT. Kids running around, asking for this and that, Ultraman on TV at full volume and not to mention the unfinished food lying around and someone even stepped on it accidently.

Imagine the MESS we had to clean up afterwards.

ARGHHHHH!!!!

But another year of successful party for us. There’s a mix feelings seeing my brother growing up right in front of my eyes. I wish he’ll be 6 forever but that would be cruel and ridiculous. I know sooner or later he’ll be embarrassed to even hold my hand in public and let me hug him. He won’t be asking for piggy back rides anymore and he’s already too big to fit in the shopping cart.

huu… I’ll cherish every moment I got with him before he’ll turn into an obnoxious teenager and will only meet me for extra money. LOL

xoxo

We R Family!

p/s: I’m the eldest of 4 siblings and I’m 18 years older than my youngest brother.

No comments:

AddThis