Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday Blues

If I have to say out loud what job that I truly hate it would be...
Banquet Waitress.

And the irony is I used to be one and TWICE.
Yes, no matter how much I complained about it, when I am desperate for money I found myself serving delicious food in a wedding function at some 5 star hotel.

Being a waitress is not that bad though, sometimes it can be fun and you can meet many types of personality and maybe some famous people (although it is a rare situation that you might strike any conversation with famous people either than "would you like me clear this for you, Sir").
While working in the hotel makes you feel like as if you're in another realm where time passed unnoticed and forget anything that much more important than the job you are doing. Heck, I don't even realize it was raining outside even when there's windows.

Among the many reason I hated the job was (this is on the very top on my hate list)
THEY ONLY PAY YOU RM3.00 PER HOUR MINUS 2 HOUR FOR YOUR LUNCH AND DINNER!!!
Seems unreasonable and very capitalist to me but what can I say all complains are usually gone unnoticed.

Almost all the time and memories I had while working as a waitress was bad but this top it all.

August or maybe September 2007...
There's no function that day, just setting up the ballroom and a few meeting room lunch. I was getting ready to sign off when Mr Ali (not a real name) announced that My friend and I will be working tonight. At that very moment I really wished I said NO!, but because of MORE JOB HOURS = MORE MONEY... I said okay, beside it the function wasn't in the Ballroom but at the hotel's club, so it might be fun. But how wrong was I... that night was 'Salsa Night'.
Meaning I gotta wear a salsa costume which is not that BAD...

The salsa costume consist of short yellow nylon skirt, and belly showing fluffy shirt...owh and a funny fruit hat to add the silliness to the costume. Really it's not that bad.... BUT, my hat have this VERY BIG YELLOW BANANA that looks too much like someone penis almost made me cry. Although I should be looking like a HOT Latino, I ended up looking like someone that is going to a mental institution any moment.

So with that funny getup and my maid shoes with black men's socks plus the hat keeps on falling off, my boss ordered me to the Host of the evening.... No, not host as if I'm gonna be MCing the event but, opening and closing the club revovling door while welcoming the guest and being there exposing me to public eye. Almost all passer by give me a look of amusement and worst some even point and lough at me...
WHICH IS NOT FUNNY AT ALL! HAHA!

Okay... you are welcome to lough... Even I think this is funny.

xoxo
One good thing about this job I met Edmond.

5 comments:

Jessica_Lyne said...

cute ba turban ko tu..haha..i would wear it too for d sake of money! haha.

Nicole Teo said...

waaaa...buah buahan........experience ba ....

SuicideCandy said...

LOL... 2 la suma e2 untuk tusin... LOL...

taragang_saru said...

it's fun when you're meeting new people and it's even more fun when they give u tips xD
tough luck abt the costume though.the only costume i got to wear is a cheongsam.for men punya xD

banquet waiter,shangrila tg aru :D

SuicideCandy said...

LOL... yup, u're rite about the tips and meeting people.

AddThis