Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jakarta

11 December 2008

My first thoughts when I woke up was “Today, I’m going to Jakarta, better washed up all the clothes”, it felt unreal, Jakarta seems like journey to Tambunan or Lahad Datu, although I knew I would be riding an aeroplane for the first time in my life. I arrived at the airport with anticipation, 30 minutes earlier than planned. I listened eagerly to Edmond as he shared his flying experienced with me though was a bit annoyed by his usual antics. I know I’m gonna miss him the most, my head tried hard to capture every last moment we’re together as if we’re going to be separate forever than just a mere 5 days. I wanted him to go with me but I know it wasn’t possible at that time so I am left with my mother, sister, grandma, aunty and uncle... boy, that’s gonna be interesting. Wewen and I knew what we stumble into, with those elderly constantly behind us, 100 percent, no doubt that no fun will be involved so our only purpose for this vacation is to shop until we drop.

Our flight was delayed for an hour, Thanked God I brought a book along with me. Our luggage contain only 1 set of clothing for tomorrow, everything will be bought at Jakarta where it was cheaper than here. So the only bag I took was my red handbag containing essential items and of cuz my red Olympus digital camera. We camwhore shamelessly all the way into the plane, even lined up a bit ahead so could picked our sits. Now I understand why they say flying with airasia seems like taking a bus.

Our flight to Jakarta is a short 2 hour and 30 minutes journey, I think I could get used riding a plane, it doesn’t feel as if it were moving when it is up in the air even when the stewardess told us we are 30 000 feet up. But it was beautiful seeing KK up in the sky, the neon lights and cars seems like dotted stars from up above. Still I don’t feel as if I am leaving Sabah, the feeling was surreal I keep expecting that I’m gonna see people I knew when I arrived.

My clock shows 12:30am when I see the airport control tower light, slowly I could feel the plane lowering to land. From the control tower light, more dotted lights appear. This time it’s vaster than KK’s, the dotted line seems to form a grid line with its variety of colours. I was awed and couldn’t wait to land down and explored the unknown. Walking inside Jakarta’s international airport reminds me of the days me as an intern at MAB. Because we are flying low cost, we were sent to the arrival via bus. The airport is quite the same at KK’s, the people look like Malaysian but when they’re open their mouthed to talk then you know you’re in Indonesia.(a bimboo moment).

I guess I was feeling a bit jetlagged, if it was jetlagged that I felt. I was tired and couldn’t wait to get some sleep. But it struck me quite odd that it’s only 11pm there but you rarely see a car. The night seem peaceful, street hawkers is nowhere to be seen, no motorcycles roaming around, no friendly faces, no people walking around, just the street lights and tall buildings staring back at you in silence. We arrived at the tired, sleepy and it got worsted when we got our room, it was cramp and 4 of us got to share a bed. I got even annoyed when I see the adapter with only two holes, I cursed more in a few second than I ever did before, all I was thinking is how can I charge my phone, laptop and my camera. I hate this country repeatedly I said in my head. It struck me then that maybe this is how my lecturer felt every time he arrived here. Wewen and I slept on the floor, both of us hating every minute and already I counted time for us to go back to Sabah.

XOXO

the lone tourist (in a way)...



Macam kampung girl la pla... gotta capture my very first moment riding a plane!!!




KK at night...


Arrive at Jakarta... Weary and hungry...


The whole gang... See now you understand why no FUN is allowed...


Hotel Ibis morning scenery...











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ui naik belun ba dia....

SuicideCandy said...

wah... ada urg komen sy lar... ko ne kasi malu urg kampung bha....

AddThis